Lead Geospatial Technician
The geospatial lead technician will have successfully demonstrated working knowledge and experience across the spectrum of photogrammetric processes including mission planning, aerial triangulation, stereo compilation, cartographic edit and orthoimagery production. A background working with lidar and GIS is also required. A successful candidate will have a four-year degree in a related field, and at least seven years of experience within the profession. Full time residence in the Seattle metropolitan area is required.
- Lead the production processes for various types of geospatial data production projects
- Work with other management staff to identify best practices
- Maintain project progress details using established company project management process
Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, survey technology or related field
- Familiar with basic survey practices
- Advanced understanding of photogrammetric processes including mission planning, aerotriangulation, stereo compilation, orthorectification and cartographic map production.
- 7 -10+ years of broad and varied geospatial production experience
- Experience with planning, processing, classification, edit, QC and deliverable preparation of lidar data
- Experience with Terrasolid, LP360 or other production lidar suite. Comfortable managing point cloud data
- Demonstrated working experience with ArcGIS (preferred) and/or packages with geoprocessing/geodatabase capabilities; comfort with attribute management, processing and manipulation
- One or more professional or technical license or certifications (PLS/RLS, RPP, CP, GISP, CMS, CPT, PMP)
- Experience with application development using Python, VB, C++, etc.
- Experience with building and flying UAS, and processing the associated data
- Experience in geospatial sales, either in a seller/doer role, or in a supporting role through mission planning, estimation and proposal production
- Experience managing teams of technicians
Miller Creek Aerial Mapping has a policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons, and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.