The geospatial technician will have successfully demonstrated basic knowledge of photogrammetric processes including mission planning, aerial triangulation, stereo compilation, cartographic edit and orthoimagery production. A background working with lidar and GIS is preferred. This position requires excellent stereo vision acuity. Full time residence in the Seattle metropolitan area is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Work with production lead on various types of geospatial data production projects
- Work with other management staff to identify best practices
- Maintain project progress details using established company project management process
- Stereo compilation using DAT/EM, Intergraph and Inpho software packages
- Assist the marketing department in preparing estimates
Skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter needing little supervision
- Good communications skills with other staff and manager
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to detect issues early and work to resolve them
- Basic understanding of photogrammetric processes including mission planning, aerotriangulation, stereo compilation, orthorectification and cartographic map production.
- 1 + years of varied geospatial production experience
- Experience with ArcGIS (preferred) and/or packages with geoprocessing/geodatabase capabilities; comfort with attribute management, processing and manipulation
- Experience with CAD packages (MicroStation and/or AutoCad)
- Professional or technical license or certification (CPT)
- Experience with Lidar data classification, manipulation and deliverable generation
- Experience in QC
- Experience with UAS operations or data processing
Miller Creek Aerial Mapping has a policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons, and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.